Executive Director, Growth
8 days ago
Executive Director, Growth (Europe)
At ustwo we invent, design and build digital products, services, and immersive experiences that people love. We also help our clients to change their digital culture and boost their capabilities.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and services and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicity, stories and backgrounds.
As Executive Director, Growth you will be responsible for the commercial growth of our European studios and expansion into other European markets.
You will be part of the senior leadership team responsible for setting the overall strategic direction for Europe not limited to ensuring talent engagement and retention; creating award winning work; securing new clients and ensuring financial results aligned with targets.
Together with the European MD you will set the strategy for growth in Europe, including identifying opportunities into new and emerging markets, as well as building on our existing presence in existing areas of the business and maintaining profitability in Europe.
This is a newly created role where you will merge two different teams under one. It is your remit to set the tone and culture for this new European growth team, clearly defining and communicating the go to market strategy as well instill new systems, processes and ways of working to foster collaboration across team members between two different locations as well as strong team performance.
- Managing and leading the European business development team as one united discipline (the first in the new structure).
- Identify and roll out new value propositions for existing and new clients that will help us achieve our commercial goals and push ustwo’s work into new territories.
- Thought leadership for our clients and prospects - able to analyse market trends and foresee client needs in order to create insights to open new business opportunities.
- Champion collaboration between Leadership, Marketing and discipline experts to run strategic growth campaigns into new markets across Europe.
- Coach the growth team on how to consistently convert new business opportunities into active work for the studio. Understand their strengths and how to pair up team members and clients for the best results.
- Carefully build and maintain a portfolio of work and industries that bring in commercial success coupled with challenging and rewarding work for our people.
- Be responsible for creating a strategy for European foundation accounts, working across two studio locations with a view of expanding into new markets.
- Build a profile for ustwo in the European marketplace by forging introductions to prospective clients, attending networking events and creating and leveraging opportunities to build awareness of ustwo.
- You have substantial demonstrable experience in growing digital businesses in Europe and operating in new markets.
- Have proven success in managing, leading and growing senior BD teams in multiple locations. You know how to gain the best out of the people you work with and support individuals growth and development, deepening their skills and experience.
- You have led and coached pitch teams and have a strong track record in writing and delivering successful pitch proposals.
- Impactful in your communication style, a storyteller. You know how to hold a room and how to convince more conservative stakeholders through empathy, insights and persuasion skills.
- Strong commercial acumen, you can evaluate proposals put together by your team, spot areas of new opportunities as well as areas for concerns. You understand how to make tradeoffs to achieve commercial objectives without undermining the quality of our work.
- Client oriented, you have grown accounts from single projects, are well versed in client life cycles and understand how to offer value for clients over the long term.
- Caring about and have a deep appreciation for the value of strategy, design and product in all its forms. You will have experience of working closely with other disciplines and will bring a mindset of learning together.
- You thrive in uncertainty and have the ability to create clarity for others when navigating open briefs, new business and growth territories.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.