Executive Assistant to the SVP Corporate Human Resources
6 days ago
Job Title:Executive Assistant to the SVP Corporate Human Resources
Job Title : Executive Assistant to the SVP Corporate Human Resources
Department : Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA (note: remote work is not possible for this role)
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and grit to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB .
Activision Blizzard is seeking an Executive Assistant for its Senior Vice President of Corporate Human Resources. The SVP Corporate HR leads the HR Business Partner organization serving both the Corporate Officers of the company as well as its regional operations (Europe, Asia Pacific, China). He also serves as the Business Lead (Chief of Staff) for global Human Resources. The role is highly visible in the organization and requires an individual who is well-organized, proactive, communicative, discreet and thorough. While focused on traditional Executive Assistant responsibilities, this role also includes some basic Human Resources responsibilities. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Maintain dynamic schedules and do so with tremendous attention to detail and proactiveness.
- Schedule and monitor complex meetings with company leadership, flagging issues, and proactively supervising the calendar to anticipate needs and coordinate rescheduling.
- Ensure meeting materials are prepared and delivered in advance of all meetings. Review to ensure materials are “executive ready” and easy to access.
- Manage the agendas for several meetings led by the SVP Corporate HR, including gathering topics, facilitating meetings, taking detailed notes, and following up on action items.
- Review, organize, draft and complete correspondence, including mailing lists, in a responsive manner.
- Read, organize, and ensure appropriate and timely response for a high-volume mailbox.
- Provide on-site administrative support to the SVP Corporate HR, Chief People Officer, and other team members as requested.
- Ensure timely prioritization and track tasks all the way through to completion.
- Help maintain and improve team morale by managing events, identifying engagement opportunities, leading celebrations, etc.
- Run domestic and international travel logistics (mobile technology, passport, visa requirements etc.) and handle travel schedule, meeting details, etc.
- Maintain expenses. Collect all documentation to identify appropriate path to complete reimbursements.
- Process purchase orders and invoices; order departmental equipment and supplies.
- Gather people data and generate employee reports.
- Maintain organization charts.
- Lead on the onboarding of new hires in the SVP’s organization – including arranging equipment/technology, scheduling their calendar for the first month, and being a general resource to help them quickly become productive.
- Participate in offboarding and other employee lifecycle processes as requested.
- Manage other ad hoc projects as requested and follow through to completion at high quality.
- When asked, serve as a secondary assistant for other executives.
- 8+ years of administrative support experience, including 2+ years supporting executive level leaders in a high-touch, fast-paced, heavy-volume industry.
- Validated ability to provide the utmost of confidentiality and discretion, and act with excellent judgment – similar to (and exceeding) that of a Human Resources professional.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain and maintain trust.
- Proactive, ambitious, tenacious, a phenomenal teammate and a strong support advocate.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation, and extraordinary prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Handles multiple tasks efficiently and independently with limited oversight or direction.
- Highly positive demeanor and style; improves team and company culture with each interaction.
- Available to work in our Santa Monica office for a minimum of 8 hours a day, at least 3 days each week, with other days spent working remotely or in the office.
- Experience serving within a Human Resources function is desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with Workday and Slack desirable, but not required.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.