Executive Assistant to the Chief DEI Officer
24 days ago
Job Title : Executive Assistant to the Chief DEI Officer
Department : Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA (remote will be considered)
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and grit to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard is seeking an Executive Assistant for its Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, Kristen Hines. Kristen works with the company’s leadership team and its Employee Resource Groups to strengthen work underway and to implement programs and policies that foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace environment. She also partners across all gaming teams to ensure diverse and inclusive perspectives are included in game design, including storylines, character development, gameplay, and community interaction.
The role is highly visible in the organization and requires an individual who is well organized, compassionate, responsive, discreet and thorough. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Maintain dynamic schedules and do so with tremendous attention to detail and pro-activeness.
- Scheduling and monitoring complex meetings with company leadership, flagging issues, and proactively supervising the calendar to anticipate needs and coordinate rescheduling.
- Ensure meeting materials are prepared and delivered well in advance of all meetings. Review to ensure materials are “executive ready.”
- Review, organize, draft and complete correspondence in a responsive manner.
- Ensure timely prioritization and track tasks all the way through to completion.
- Run domestic and international travel logistics (mobile technology, passport, visa requirements etc.) and handle travel schedule, meeting details, etc.
- Maintain expenses. Collect all documentation to identify appropriate path to complete reimbursements.
- Process purchase orders and invoices; order departmental equipment and supplies.
- Lead on the onboarding of new leadership hires – including arranging equipment/technology, scheduling their calendar for the first month, and being a general resource to help them quickly become productive.
- Maintain contact database and filing system daily.
- When asked, serve as a secondary for other executives.
- Ad-hoc support to additional DEI assignments and ongoing projects, as needed.
- 10+ years of administrative support experience, including 4+ years supporting senior executive level leaders in a highly nuanced entertainment or technology environment or other high-touch, heavy-volume industry.
- Most importantly, proactive, ambitious and tenacious - a phenomenal teammate and a strong support advocate.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain and maintain trust.
- Validated ability to provide confidentiality and discretion, and act with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation, and extraordinary prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible with ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Highly positive demeanor and style; improves team and company culture with each interaction.
- Experience serving partnering within a Human Resources function is desirable, but not required.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.