8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking an administrative assistant for our Global Sales and Business Operations Strategy team and Sr Director in our San Mateo office location. This role will have hands on experience with sales events and it will support the department in a variety of ways. If you have a talent for supporting a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Maintaining calendar (i.e scheduling appointments, arranging meetings)
- Making travel arrangements (car service, hotel, dining, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining files
- Preparing and processing expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with management to set company meetings, events and staff celebrations
- Handling the department budget and ordering various supplies.
- Coordinating travel and hotel arrangements
- Working with internal departments and vendors on maintenance requirements (workstation modifications, repairs, building access badges, phones, etc.)
- Coordinating processing of contracts, invoices and expenses
- Collaborate with management to schedule department meetings, events and staff celebrations
- Coordinate frequent on-site and off-site meeting logistics; prepare presentation materials and agenda items
- Arrange catering for meetings and events
- Serve as point of contact to organize large client facing events; take charge of attendee/registration list, plan event details such as meeting rooms, dinner reservations and entertainment
- Run and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, sales team and the events team
- Understand the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients
Required Experience / Education:
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Database Administration, i.e. contracts admin, CRM, etc.
- Demonstrated direct admin support to executive or senior staff
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Previous experience handing confidential issues and confidential material
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written English
- Ability to travel several times a year
- Must be able to stand or sit while working for an extended period of time
- Ability to comfortably lift 25 lbs
- Experience planning large scale events with global stakeholders
Preferred Experience / Education:
- University degree or college diploma in administration
- College coursework involving accounting, data processing and administrative mgmt.
- Proficiency in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean
- Experience using SAP/SRM, Conga, and Concur
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.