Senior Executive Assistant
16 days ago
Founded in 1999, Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and thrive within virtual experiences. In 2003, Linden Lab first launched Second Life , the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
Lindens value a workplace that’s as diverse as our products. As we continue to grow, we remain dedicated to building a company that is rooted in organizational health, strengths-based leadership, and the belief that teams are stronger than individuals.
If you want access to the forefront of virtual words and payment platforms that support the creator economy, this is the place for you. We’ve created space for everyone to find belonging and invite you to come as you are.
We’re looking for a polished, professional Executive Assistant to support and leverage our C-Suite and collaborate with other team leaders to support business needs. You’ll be a key contributor to our Executive Team, empowered to take ownership, proactively manage up, and bring innovative thinking and creative approaches to ensure our execs are set up for success. This is an opportunity to collaborate with and learn from deeply experienced colleagues in their respective areas and to contribute your domain knowledge to the broader team.
Our ideal candidate will bring a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, a flexible demeanor, and enjoy being part of a high-performing team. This self-motivated individual will manage up with proactive communication and precise execution, with an emphasis on organization and an unwavering commitment to effective solutioning to drive outcomes.
The Executive Assistant role reports to the Chief People Officer and will work closely with other assistants in support of Linden's leadership. This is a hybrid position that includes remote and in-office work.
*The expectation is that you will maintain an active presence in our San Francisco headquarters 1 - 2 days a week, although this may change based on evolving business needs.
What We’ll Offer You
The stability of an established company with new startup momentum. Support for your continued growth and development. An unparalleled opportunity to create -- relationships, systems, strategy, and culture. An environment where your voice will be heard, your identity embraced, and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
What We’ll Create Together
- Manage up to executives as a proactive, solutions-oriented partner
- Inbox management and communication support for company founder
- Analyze and organize complex calendars with sensitivity, confidentiality, and efficiency to prioritize executive workflows, working globally with other executives, cross functional partners, and EAs
- Collaborate with various senior leaders and their teams to coordinate travel, manage expense reconciliation, and support timely completion of projects and day-to-day tasks
- Track meeting agendas, capture meeting minutes, follow up on action items, and ensure execs are prepared to execute against the takeaways
- Organize and facilitate internal and external meetings and events that align with Linden’s culture
- Draft documents, communications, and presentations
- Create budgets and project plans for team meetings and events and facilitate flawless, timely logistical coordination
- Contract and vendor management support for your executives
- Contribute to the new hire onboarding experience by sending company swag and other gifts to recognize employee milestone life events
- Lead bi-weekly EA sync to facilitate shared best practices and resources, and keep everyone abreast of upcoming events
- Participate in continuing education and training opportunities provided by the company
Office & Facilities Management
- Primary point of contact for the San Francisco headquarters, ensuring that all operations run smoothly
- Proactively engage with leadership and employees to anticipate office needs, workplace improvements, and space planning
- Own HQ office management including, but not limited to: office and food supply ordering and stocking, equipment maintenance, building vendor coordination and issues resolution, meeting prep and support, etc.
- Scan and/or distribute mail and packages to remote team (backup to Atlanta EA)
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with employees, building management, vendors, and clients
What You’ll Bring to the Team
At Linden Lab, we celebrate all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognize that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role - preferably within a hybrid team
- Proven ability to foster effective and cooperative relationships with internal and external business partners
- Aptitude to understand big picture priorities while managing the detailed execution of company - wide programs
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they escalate
- Exceptional attention to detail and proactive follow-through to keep all stakeholders in the loop
- Strong communication skills on multiple platforms and mediums (email, text, in person, video calls, etc.)
- Professionalism to handle confidential and proprietary information discreetly in a diplomatic manner
- Advanced proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slide, with a tendency to seek out technologies that optimize workflow and they ability to quickly overcome a learning curve with new technologies
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. The confidence gap and imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you. We encourage you to reach out if you have belief in our mission and your own ability to contribute to our team!
The Fine Print
Work Environment & Physical Demands
As a remote-first company, we take great care to ensure an inclusive experience for all of our employees. You may be offered the opportunity to travel to company meetings and events, however this is not a requirement. We aim to optimize for remote attendance, not just accommodate it.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in a remote office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
The Company celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion and belonging allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Pay Transparency Notice
The Company’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and equitable pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. Depending on your U.S. work location, the starting annual salary for this position can have a varied range + RSU equity incentive plan + generous benefits program, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401(k). Actua l base pay within this range is dependent on many factors, including experience, competencies, skills, internal equity and calibration to market data. Our compensation philosophy includes a location-based strategy, which means that the starting salary within this range will be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position is filled. Your talent partner will share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
$100,000 — $135,000 USD