This job might no longer be available.
Executive Assistant (12 Month FTC) - SUMO SHEFFIELD
6 months ago
We build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega. Sheffield is our largest studio and headquarters, situated just north-east of the city centre, where we’ve built and contributed to some of the world’s best-loved game franchises.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
The role @ Sumo
We are currently in the process of recruiting an Executive Assistant to be based at our Sheffield studio on a 1 year fixed term contract. You will provide first class administrative and organisational support to the CEO, CFO, General Counsel and PLC board. You will work at the heart of our business in a demanding, changeable and exciting environment in order to play a pivotal role in the day to day functions of the executive management team.
You will support the CEO and CFO, including:
- Full electronic diary planning, management and making appointments
- Screening and prioritising email, post and telephone correspondence
- Co-ordination and submission of all credit cards / expense forms / mileage claim forms
- Complex regular UK and international travel arrangements – booking, changing, cancelling at sometimes last minute
- Out of hours on call
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Support for Company Secretary and PLC Board members
- Co-ordinating board members diaries for calls and meetings
- Organisation of bi-annual results roadshow
- Organisation of Investor and Analyst days in Sheffield
- Meeting room bookings/juggling/changing
- Travel Visa applications where necessary
- Arrangements for Directors’ visitors including travel, hotels and meeting room bookings
- Contract storing and filing
- Organisation of regular Management meetings and Board meetings, room bookings and preparation of associated paperwork
- Working closely with the Office Manager and additional EA and providing holiday cover where needed.
- Ad hoc duties which may include research and production of reports, refreshments, studio presentations, visits to the post office, buying lunches, meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
To be successful you will:
- Have strong experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be flexible and work well under pressure
- Communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbally
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Have outstanding organisational skills
- Be able to confidently juggle conflicting priorities
What we Offer:
Sumo Digital continues to be one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying year on year stability and growth since its founding in 2003.
We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.
We offer a superb benefits package including generous holidays and flexi-time. We care about our people, with an emphasis on the work/life balance and out-of-office events such as our legendary annual Sumo ‘Big Day Out’, plus epic Christmas parties and much more! Our regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - winning concepts can go on to commercial release, so far including Snake Pass and the upcoming Spyder for Apple Arcade.
Sheffield itself offers all the benefits of a big city with a village attitude. Renowned for its friendly inhabitants and green spaces, Sheffield is a phenomenal place to live and work whether you’re just starting out in your career, or if you’re looking to establish roots and family. The city includes world-class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, the National Video Game Museum, shopping and restaurants, and a third of the city lies inside the stunning Peak District National Park, offering easy access to incredible recreation and history.
Our Sheffield studio is adjacent to the Meadowhall shopping centre and its rail, tram and bus links and to the M1 motorway, making for an easy commute from places like Leeds and Nottingham.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built on every team member having the opportunity to shine and have real, meaningful input into the games that we create. We pride ourselves on our positive atmosphere and sociable team who regularly partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime and after-work clubs, and charity fundraising events.