Executive Assistant, EAX
Redwood City California United States
3 days ago
Executive Administrative Assistant, EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
The SVP of EAX is searching for a dynamic executive assistant. The qualified candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in senior/executive administrative roles, pay incredible attention to detail, be able to juggle myriad tasks and prioritize accordingly, and have an unfailing sense of humor and unlimited amounts of patience.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Handling confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; performs to earn the executive’s full confidence and trust in all interactions.
- Assuming full ownership and maintenance of the calendar, scheduling, confirming, and negotiating for meeting space and relevant attendees.
- Preparing and distributing agendas, meeting materials, and presentations as requested.
- Requesting, confirming, and/or providing all meeting room technology and needed equipment or supplies.
- Managing multiple special projects including large-scale meetings, event planning for conferences/exhibitions meetings with business partners and team activities.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Tracking relevant travel and expense receipts for accurate accounting reconciliations. Filing and tracking reimbursements, credits, and refunds through to completion in the iExpense tool.
- Processing electronic purchase requests for approvals relating to external purchases, including the processing of invoices relevant to the PO.
- Providing high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence for signature, arranging conference calls, setting up web or VidCon meetings, opening and distributing mail and packages, filing and retrieving corporate documents, and updating contact databases.
- Reviewing all documents prepared, for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and syntax.
- Screening callers for the executive to control interruptions.
- Positively greeting visiting guests; escort them to appropriate meeting rooms and provide them with amenities as needed.
- Acting as occasional liaison to staff; facilitating communication between executive and staff as needed or requested.
- Supporting the EAX core leadership team with travel and scheduling assistance
- Coordinating execution of contracts needing Executive approval and signature
- Processing and coordinating invoicing and month-end close deadlines
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred
- 7+ years experience assisting Senior level Management
- Proficient with Internet tools, with advanced or expert proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service orientation and extraordinary attention to detail; holds an innate desire to anticipate and fill needs and excels at managing details.
- Highly self-motivated, persistent, dependable, and self-sufficient.
- Demonstrated skill in communicating in a professional manner with all customers, internal and external; highly skilled at building rapport with key alliances that accelerate requests and processes.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple (and sometimes competing) tasks while satisfactorily meeting deadlines and desired outcomes.
- Able to judge the relative importance of issues and act independently to address them, applying the appropriate level of urgency and drive to achieve results.
- Balances a strong work ethic and going-the-extra-mile enthusiasm with levity and humility; has contagious energy and dedication while managing to enjoy the process and understand where he/she fits in the overall group or structure.
- Efficient team player that engages, supports, and encourages colleagues and drives toward a cooperative, cohesive team dynamic.
- Ability to quickly assess and acclimate to protocols, culture and processes.
- Exceptional cost-saving sensibilities; comfortable negotiating with vendors for best rates and highest levels of service.
- Takes initiative and goes beyond established framework; looks for new ideas and creative solutions to overcome challenges.
- Juggles menial tasks with high priority requests seamlessly; knows the importance and impact of how less glamorous contributions are important to the bigger picture.