Events QA Lead
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a
collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or
crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences,
we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and
users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Events QA Lead at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of given features, functions or sets of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you’ll do
Epic is seeking a QA Lead to join our Fortnite Events team. You will be leading a group of internal and external testers, working directly with our Events group to prepare events inside of Fortnite for launch to millions of players.
We are a creative group within a large organization that prizes intelligence, creativity, and nimble problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with game QA management experience and has a passion for innovating and improving upon the Fortnite Events Quality Process.
In this role, you will
- Assign, supervise, and evaluate the performance of appropriate internal and external resources for the testing, documentation, and research of relevant issues on Events.
- Review game and media experiences to make sure they are fun, engaging, and high quality
- Collaborate with the development team to analyze qualitative and quantitative game test results, evaluate their importance across a matrix of factors, and action against them in real time
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the Fortnite Event experiences and their tiers of quality
- Advocate for the player and artist; be the voice of the quality in the room
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of QA management experience in the games industry
- Experience working on a hybrid in-house/outsourced team in a fast-paced environment
- Breathtaking time-management and multitasking capabilities
- Skilled writer of detailed issue documentation and test plans
- Strong communication skills, ability to advocate
- Experience using qualitative metrics to measure types of fun
- Expert user of issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Selfless collaborator with and inspirational leader of small teams on short deadlines
Nice to have skills
- Experience in in-game events and player experiences
- Experience managing outsourced resources
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.