Events Marketing Manager, Defence
12 days ago
Alongside our games business, we’ve built a global defence business devoted to applying our technologies and skills to serve the needs of the government and the national security community. We’re focused on two things: making allied defence organisations more effective on operations and helping governments design and implement better policies to meet the ever-evolving, fast-moving challenges they face.
Your role is to ensure that our Defence event experiences are strategic, inspiring, creative, measurable and goal-focused. You will bring passion and energy to the Event marketing team, a key channel team within the growing central marketing division. You will deliver strategic best-in-class experiences that drive business goals. You will develop and manage multiple events across a growing calendar, specific to the Defence sector, collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders.
You will be accountable for flawless end to end execution of a range of event types including but not limited to; small, medium and large scale exhibitions and trade shows, sponsorships and speaking opportunities, owned demo days and customer show cases, webinars and virtual programs. You will be central to the development of compelling virtual and in-person events we scale; and report out regularly on business results.
Areas for Impact:
- Driving brand success. You’ll be the driving force behind the Defence strategy and execution of our third party and owned events (hybrid, virtual, in-person). Working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure we deliver the right event mix and program strategy.
- Building strategic event programmes that meet business goals. Plan, organise, promote, coordinate and manage participation to industry trade shows and conferences and owned executions.
- Execute event experiences end-to-end with an "on-time, on-strategy, on-budget" mentality and a hands-on approach. You’ll work with relevant channel marketers to deploy 360 degree digital and social tactics to drive customer engagement before, during, and after the event.
- Getting creative. You will craft strategic event experiences that differentiate Improbable and that are aligned to an overall marketing campaign strategy and in collaboration with our channel marketers.
- Aligning with central marketing: Closely align with the central services team and Head of Defence Marketing to ensure outbound tactics are integrated with events as part of broader campaigns and go-to-market strategy.
- Manage vendor relationships. You will partner with agencies/vendors on execution towards your event goals.
- Planning, budgeting, measuring, and tracking ROI. You’ll be in control of each event campaign’s plans, budgeting, goal setting for both lead and pipeline generation, and tracking towards the goals.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You are a seasoned B2B event marketing manager with 5+ years of experience in house within the tech, Defence or public sector industry (agency experience is a plus - but this role requires in house experience)
- You have extensive experience of executing events of varying sizes globally; specifically across UK, Europe, USA.
- You have led multiple event programs end-to-end from marketing strategy through to results and recommendations.
- You thrive on perfecting small details and exceeding customer experience
- You have a data-driven mindset and experience with analyzing campaign results to provide business recommendations.
- You are an expert at balancing attention to detail with delivering on the big picture, effectively collaborating and steering project teams, owning vendor relationships and multiple event projects simultaneously.
- You are comfortable multi-tasking, for a variety of stakeholders, in a fast-paced environment.
- You thrive in a hyper-growth environment.
- No ego; we work as a close team and everyone should be willing to pull their sleeves up and do what is needed to achieve success.
- You have managed the transition to virtual. You have experience with virtual event platforms and mastered the ability to engage with users on them. You’re hands-on, curious and love to explore new ideas.
- You’re organised and cool under pressure; able to execute calmly and rationally during busy events and negotiations.
- You are proficient at using a suite of tech tools
- Flexible to travel internationally and work weekends when required (this will be around 30% of time)
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.