This job might no longer be available.
Event Travel Manager
12 days ago
Event Travel Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together the creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in entertainment. We thrive on passion and pioneering. It’s the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
The Global Events Team (GET) is seeking an experienced Event Travel Manager to serve as the liaison between GET, EA Travel and internal teams. This role will manage the events travel programs and support event producers and meeting planners when planning high value in-person meetings and events. We are looking for a highly collaborative leader with the ability to influence stakeholders, and who has great communication skills, strong project management skills and the ability to meet travel requirements with limited guidance.
Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external vendors to facilitate travel and hospitality in support of critical campaign and esports activations.
- Develop and align GET travel goals with EA’s Strategic Travel Program goals.
- Collect, analyze, and leverage travel data to track performance and drive GET travel program improvement
- Assess current travel requirements and provide recommendations, including but not limited to Creator and Competitive Gaming travel needs
- Provide white glove travel arrangements for top tier talent as needed
- Evaluate travel contracts and lead the negotiation process for vendors at multiple levels including Meeting Management Company (Program Level) and Hotels (Event Level)
- Educate stakeholders on travel industry norms, trends, and best practices with a clear and comprehensive communication plan
- Assist with meeting/event specific travel budget development, forecasting, and execution
- Develop, monitor, and enforce Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators for GET’s 3rd Party Travel suppliers
- Identify and support strategic travel technology gaps in coordination with the GET Technology Manager
- Conduct account reviews and audits with key travel partners and deliver process improvements from results
- Participate in travel industry activities and introduce new, innovative solutions from others in the hospitality space
- Support travel risk management plans in coordination with key internal stakeholders including EA Health Office, EA Security, EA Legal, EA Insurance, and EA Global Risk Intelligence
- Work with teams in multiple time zones, primarily internal teams in both EU and NA
- Be available to travel and support key events, inclusive of weekends and off-hours, both domestically and internationally
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 6-8 years of experience in Hospitality, Travel or Event Management
- Has a good understanding of technology platforms, global travel terminology and supplier relations
- Critical thinker who can analyze situations and solve with creative solutions that are compliant with EA policy.
- Able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once
- A creative, smart problem solver who is comfortable making decisions and collaborating with team members. Not afraid to ask questions or raise concerns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with numerous remote colleagues and across many different departments within the company and in multiple time zones.
- Bachelor's Degree desired.
- Global Travel Professional (GTP) or Certificate in Corporate Travel Execution (CCTE) preferred but not required.
- You must meet all travel eligibility requirements for international travel including holding a valid passport, ability to apply for any necessary visas/permits, proof of vaccinations, and testing requirements (including PCR testing)