Convention and Event Manager
1 month ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform dedicated to bringing out the best in everyone through competition. As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games, and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The Skillz platform empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide to build the home of competition for all.
Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and the number-one fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. www.skillz.com
About the team and Role
You would join Skillz as an event operations powerhouse. You’ll lead the strategies we use to execute our presence through events events both online and offline, including speaker series and industry engagements. You will support both workplace events and developer focused events.
What you'll do:
- Drive planning of major event engagements including: virtual events, convention attendance, smaller speaking engagements and beyond - immediately you’ll manage our presence at GDC 2024.
- Manage complete day-of event execution for large and small engagements;
- Manage event budgets by navigating and negotiating procurement processes to reduce spend, and forecasting expenditures.
- Organize and set event planning milestones that enable visibility into progress of execution.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience in event organization
- Multiple in company Promotions
- Experience in Marketing Digital product or service
- Strongly preferred B2B experience
- Strongly preferred Gaming experience
- Experience owning and managing against a budget
- Experience with managing against KPIs
Skillz offers competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants. Generous company-paid benefits, time-off, leave, 401k match, etc. Check out our career page for more information.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .