Esports Software Developer - Video
San Francisco, CA
4 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Esports department in Twitch manages some of the most exciting content and new ideas in the industry. We’re seeking a video and system engineer to help expand the future of broadcast productions and allow people to experience Twitch in new ways. You will report to the product lead for Esports Broadcast Solutions and coordinate closely with our current engineering teams around the world. The Esports Software Developer (Video) role will shape new broadcast solutions for first and 3rd party production partners. You will focus on work around both local and cloud-based video distribution, synchronization, decode performance, delivery, compositing, and metadata. You are well versed in video solution engineering, have experience in both local Linux and AWS environments and understands professional and enterprise video playback and production environments. We’re looking for someone excited to help redefine the future of creating great engaging content with Twitch!
- Architect and collaboratively develop local and cloud video management and transmission systems.
- Evaluate and optimize video performance across multiple systems
- Identify opportunities for improved excellence across a variety of supporting data services.
- Coordinate with internal engineering teams around shared libraries and upcoming technologies or evolving customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent industry experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience with software and hardware base video decoding and video processing on Linux
- 1+ years of experience with cloud-based video processing
- At least one shipped product with full software development lifecycles
- Comfort in collaborating with remove peers, sprint planning, and customer feedback.
- Sound technical judgment and collaborative development
- Programming Languages: C++, Go
- Experience with video broadcast production equipment and technologies
- Familiarity with live-streaming and engagement interactivity
- Experience with game engines (Unreal / Unity)
- GPU /Shader Programming
- Affinity for lower level video hardware optimization or machine learning
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.