Esports Program Manager, Americas
13 days ago
ESPORTS PROGRAM MANAGER, AMERICAS
PUBG Corporation is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies, and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corporation has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
We are seeking an Esports Program Manager who will join the Americas Esports Department in Santa Monica, California. We are looking for humble but ambitious, solution-oriented professionals who are decisive and are not afraid to experiment. Like us, you take play seriously; you are passionate about games and, in particular, PUBG. We embrace those who see things differently and question the status quo.
The Americas Esports Program Manager will be a key player in developing and managing esports programs, defining the PUBG Esports ecosystem, and elevating the program to the next level. Reporting to the Americas Director of Esports, you will work collaboratively across multiple operational disciplines. You will work closely with external partners and vendors and a wide range of internal resources to develop standard operating procedures, launch new initiatives, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing efforts.
- Lead all project management aspects of regional esports campaigns
- Draft and oversee a yearly schedule of regional competitions and broadcasts
- Set up evaluation criteria and processes to review and approve event proposals
- Measure the success of programs and partners quantitatively and qualitatively
- Assemble project teams and lead communication and task tracking across all project verticals
- Create and maintain updated, accurate project documentation to provide visibility and promote knowledge sharing
- Develop and reinforce best practices and tools for project management and execution
- Ensure internal and external project teams are delivering according to key deadlines
- Assist managers of all project verticals to execute and deliver at the highest possible quality
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project teams to achieve high-quality results
- Evangelize project and team achievements to the wider organization
- Track overall program financials and ensure that the program is being operated within budget
- Mitigate project risks and identify interdependencies and opportunities for efficiency/synergy
- Compile and distribute executive summaries and OKR/KPI reports
- Travel internationally to support and experience global esports events and meet with internal and external partners
- Other duties, as assigned
- 4+ years of esports program/project management experience
- Deep knowledge of the esports industry and esports program/project management processes
- Sharp attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple departments and stakeholders to achieve a common objective
- Proven ability to create, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Evident skills in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Experience in forecasting project financials and workforce planning
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time
- Hunger for Chicken Dinners
- Formal project management certifications such as PMP
- Previous experience working on esports for a game publisher or notable esports agency
- Previous experience working on a global esports program
- A network of connections in esports and the gaming industry as a whole
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Weekly Grubhub lunch stipend
- Game and Fitness reimbursement programs
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops and free PUBG play on Steam
- Fun team building activities throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.