Esports Observer, Call of Duty
Burbank, CA, United States
3 days ago
The Call of Duty World League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Call of Duty World League melds Activision Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. It is currently in its fourth season.
We’re looking for unique talent to help spectate and drive the in-game camera for Call of Duty esports. This selected observer will be a key piece in continuing to build Call of Duty into a top tier esport. They will help develop and iterate how Call of Duty is viewed by both professional and causal audiences, as well as define systems that will be used globally in Call of Duty esports. This candidate will work closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure the necessary tools and strategies are developed and applied.
- Spectate and produce content for Call of Duty World League
- Work with team to establish and develop team cohesion and group camera work in the game client
- Work with team of observers to continually improve techniques of spectating Call of Duty
- Partner with internal stakeholders to brainstorm in-client improvements to the spectator functionality
- Collaborate with internal departments to develop a cohesive vision for Call of Duty esports observing
- Recognize and drive relevant narratives in Call of Duty esports
- Work with internal teams to improve viewability of Call of Duty esports
- Provide feedback on existing systems and processes
- Develop comprehensive understanding of current esports landscape as it relates to all Blizzard titles
- Support the need for multiple department content needs which require in-game spectating content
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in tournament broadcasting and production
- Proven knowledge in the art of in-game systems and camera work
- Demonstrated passion for spectating esports and traditional sports
- Solid experience with Call of Duty and knowledge of the current Call of Duty esports ecosystem
- Ability to work in a team setting and maintain professionalism in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback, demonstrate leadership within the team and maintain a high level of organization
- Travel required
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working with the Call of Duty World League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences