Esports Event Manager (APAC VALORANT)
5 months ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Event Manager (APAC VALORANT) , you’ll be in charge of managing and operating the new international VALORANT Esports league in the Asia Pacific region. Your main task will be to provide the best experience for fans and pro-players during the event, by coordinating with various stakeholders and vendors.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Manage APAC VALORANT Esports league events in collaboration with various domestic and international partners
- Coordinate with various stakeholders both internally and externally
- Manage the relevant budget to optimize costs for the events
- Manage the ticket sales operations for the events
- Coordinate team schedules and onsite hospitality operations of traveling pro-players for competitive events, broadcast/content productions and marketing activations
- Coordinate and follow-up on event materials between all pro-players and staff members for all events
- Act as the liaison between internal Riot teams, event production teams, and external vendors
- Coordinate with the VALORANT Esports Lead for the league
- Support the Event Team Lead in global event management processes
- Contact staffing agencies to negotiate reasonable contracts and hire qualified temporary onsite event assistants
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of experience in the event industry, entertainment industry, and/or BTL-marketing industry
- Bilingual: You can converse fluently in both Korean and English
- Clear communicator: You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you are able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message
- Team player: you're open to performing any task, whether big or small; you're willing to teach and learn, lead, and follow
- Multi-tasker: you manage multiple campaigns simultaneously and effectively while managing your time based on given priority
- Problem-solver: You’re able to drive and make decisive calls when stuff breaks and communicate with other teams and vendors to fix it in limited time under pressure
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management or sports marketing
- Strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and team business
- Experience in navigating complex negotiations and resolving the differences between stakeholders