Esports Content Specialist
8 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking an Esports Content Specialist to work on products within Rocket League Esports. This opportunity is ideal for someone with communications and/or content experience, particularly in the video game or esports industry. Our esports culture is fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, communications-minded, and able to work collaboratively to achieve the goals of the esports team.
In This Role You Will
- Create and execute social media strategy and campaigns.
- Run day-of social media campaigns across the Rocket League Championship Series and Collegiate Rocket League.
- Draft copy for blogs relating to Rocket League Esports and its associated leagues.
- Help execute communications/content strategies as decided by the esports team.
- Work with partners to ensure communications/content deliverables are met.
- Assist in the development of Rocket League Esports’ communications strategy.
- Work interdepartmentally to execute studio-wide goals via esports initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- Prior experience in video games or esports communications/social media.
- Strong ability to communicate via a variety of mediums.
- Must be detail-oriented and a razor-sharp wordsmith.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.)
- Strong team communication skills.
- Positive attitude and passion for esports.
Nice To Have Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Worked on at least one video game title or within esports.
- Previous communications experience in a video game studio environment.
- Understands esports and how to authentically communicate with an esports audience.
- Ability to quickly problem solve and craft crisis communications responses.
- Experience delivering performance reports on communications initiatives.
- Familiarity with Adobe products including Photoshop and Premiere.