15 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cros s , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
Skillz Player Support team is looking for an Escalation Specialist to solve some of our most complex escalations. You have a keen eye for process improvement, quickly identify process gaps in our Player’s journey, and always use data when implementing scalable solutions.
The perfect candidate will play a key role in strategizing and reducing escalations to making gaming better. If this gets you excited and you want to be challenged, we want to hear from you.
What You Will Do :
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve executive and legal escalations, player safety, Better Business Bureau, social media, app reviews, and Player Support tickets
- Strategize and implement solutions to some of Skillz most challenging Player issues
- Analyze escalations and trends that identify solutions to reducing player pain and escalations
- Collaborate with leadership to drive process improvements that positively impact the overall Player experience
- Seeking new ways to implement scalable solutions with automation or using the latest technology
- Create problem statements and journey maps that give senior leadership insight to our top Player facing issues
- Evaluate currently workflows and roadblocks impacting efficiency within escalations and work to drive strategic solutions
- Serve as an ambassador for the Skillz brand in all communications and interactions
- 3+ years escalation support experience or relevant leadership work experience
- Experience in customer support operations and project management
- Passion for solving complex issues and player focused
- Deep understanding of executive and legal escalations
- Ability to multitask different projects and priorities of work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment, work in a high-stress environment, thrive in chaos, and exhibit grace under pressure
- Proven track record implementing workflows, improving processes, and influencing senior management
- Experience detecting cheaters, malicious behavior, and thorough investigations skills
- Proficient in Zendesk, Google Sheets, analytics, and reporting
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .