11 days ago
As the Ergonomist, you will work within the Knowledge Management Department under the organizational efficiency team to support and contribute to the key transformation programs which supports Ubisoft group regarding organization and process efficiency, content and community management by relying on the digital experience.
As part of your role, you’ll need to enable the change, support the knowledge sharing and the best practices across the company to break silos.
- Lead diagnosis of the current situations and assess the field operations reality and coordinate exploratory studies on key processes;
- Build the transformation and change management guidelines by aligning the vision of Business Priorities in collaboration with the key sponsors;
- Define and spread the topics framework and business case libraries to guide initiatives that the targeted solutions based on: architecture, processes, operating modes amongst others;
- Support transformation programs, by being the voice of the users of the projects driven by the relevant teams and provide key criteria to ensure the topics experience vision is well implemented;
- Follow the impact and transformation evolution by iterating on the vision, the roadmap and the framework based on transformation action results;
- Conduct research and analysis of operational effectiveness, processes with the stakeholders;
- Document and present findings, projections and recommended actions;
- Identify synergies and dependencies with other strategical fields and ensure vision and transformation consistency between initiatives.
- Demonstrated work experience in human-centric approach and cognitive sciences as well as working on organizational design/transformation projects with expertise in qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies;
- Ability to drive a vision and results across teams in different disciplines such as Analytics, UX, Learning, Program management;
- Demonstrate a result-oriented, problem solving capacity;
- Ability to act as a strategic business partner by developing strong relationships and influencing stakeholders and decision makers;
- Great communication skills both in French and English, written and spoken.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.