This job might no longer be available.
Ergonomist – Design
4 months ago
The ergonomist works in collaboration with the teams that develop tools for game productions. His/her mission is to ensure usability and optimize the user experience. The ergonomist is directly involved in the design stage within a user-centric process. His/her findings lead to concrete solutions that are discussed and applied in collaboration with other project stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Guide development teams with regard to best practices in user experience by building on a user-centric design process and setting out guidelines for its use throughout the project development phase
- Collect key information to understand needs through user discovery and contribute to a database shared by UX team members
- Support a design process in collaboration with the UI/UX designer and development team leading to applicable proposals that account for user needs, business goals and development constraints and record solutions in documents that will guide production teams (workflows, drafts, models, functional specifications, etc.)
- Implement user tests and focus on key elements, set out the purpose of the tests, draft the discussion, analyze the data that is collected, present a test report including recommendations and discuss solutions with the team
- Carry out all other related tasks
What you bring
- University degree in cognitive ergonomics, cognitive psychology or HCI
- At least 4 years’ experience in HCI ergonomics
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Excellent organization skills
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, drive and proactiveness
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Ability to lead change
- Knowledge of user-centric design methodologies
- Knowledge of cognitive ergonomics
- Knowledge of user test methodologies
- Knowledge of user interface prototyping
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism (French/English spoken and written)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.