Environment Technical Artist
27 days ago
We create ambitious games in a quietly awesome culture.
That simple statement is at the heart of what we do here at Possibility Space. Founded by a diverse and experienced team of game and media industry veterans, we are built from the ground up as a distributed studio, allowing developers to live and work where they are happiest. We strive to create an environment where we can do our best work regardless of what we look like, who we love, or how we identify.
As a Senior Environment Technical Artist at Possibility Space, your role will involve in bridging the gap between artistic vision and technical implementation of environment assets. Collaborating closely with the lead technical artist, art director, environment artists, designers, and the world building team, you will leverage your expertise in Unity and Blender to develop tools, create performant shaders, and optimize game environments for both aesthetic depth and technical efficiency. You will play a crucial role in bringing immersive and dynamic environments to life, ensuring they captivate players and sustain performance across various platforms.
- Collaborate with the environment art team to develop and integrate art assets into Unity, ensuring high quality and performance.
- Create, manage, and improve Blender tools using Python to streamline the art creation process for the environment team.
- Develop and maintain Unity tools using C# to enhance functionality and efficiency in the environment art pipeline.
- Design and implement shaders in Unity to create visually compelling and efficient environmental effects.
- Profile in-game performance and assist in the optimization of environments.
- Provide technical support for environmental issues, including troubleshooting asset integration in Unity and Blender.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and techniques in environmental art, shaders, and technical art tools.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Unity with a strong understanding of its material, lighting, and shading systems.
- Experience with Python scripting to create custom tools and automate repetitive tasks.
- Knowledgeable in C# for creating and managing Unity tools.
- Demonstrated experience in shader writing within Unity.
- A strong portfolio showcasing environmental art, technical skills, and shader development.
- Problem-solving skills with a keen eye for visual quality and performance considerations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional, remote teams.
- Experience with Blender geometry nodes.
- Experience with procedural asset creation in Houdini.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Possibility Space is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.