Environment Outsource Review Artist (Contract)
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Environment Outsource Review Artist
This is a contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA), a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation’s studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Insomniac Games, and more of our first-party partners. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals working with some of the best minds and companies around!
We're looking for an Environment Outsource Review Artist to join our team and build next generation game & cinematic quality environments and a range of material props styles. The focus of this role will be on environmental art assets for AAA Assets for Sony First Party & External Client titles.
If you have the ability to build props and environments from both detailed concepts and a single photograph, we want to speak to you! If you're able to take and provide direction from concepts or rough direction to the final model/texture, even better!
- Create in-game art and in-game cinematic art assets to Visual Arts/client specifications and oversee the creation of game assets with an external team.
- Take a game asset from grey box to final quality (end to end) including collision, LOD’s and baking texture maps, etc.
- Evaluate effort estimations to ensure staff days are in-line with current project schedules.
- Create and/or modify existing assets as necessary, may be required to create both hard-surface and soft bodied assets from scratch.
- Quality control art assets prior to delivery to client, and work with clients/supervisors to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and functional purposes.
- 4 years' experience as an Environment / Prop Artist, with at least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Strong understanding of in-game and in-game cinematic art asset creation (portfolio must contain examples of assets with wire-frame shading).
- A good understanding of Maya, as well as ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Ability to use in-game technology to finalize assets.
- Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for game engine specs while balancing aesthetic needs.
- Experience with asset ingestion/integration within a game engine (Unreal, Crytek, or proprietary).
- Advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hard-surface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc.
- Experience working with external outsource vendors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.