Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
3 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Character modeling, environments and prop modeling.
Responsibilities would include :
- Sculpting and modeling environments, vegetation and props from concept drawings/ layout animatics.
- Management and assembly of Terrain, Props and Set Dressing within an asset.
- Coordinate directly with Production Management, Riggers and Surfacers to help solve problems and complete artwork efficiently and to spec.
- Collaboration with downstream departments such as Surfacing and Layout to encourage proper pipeline efficiency.
- Organization and set up of files to hand off to downstream departments.
- Working knowledge of the Blender software is desirable
- Good working knowledge of rigging and surfacing would be an asset
- Knowledge of software such as Maya, Houdini, Zbrush and Photoshop would be an asset
- Please include links to your portfolio and resume
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.