High Voltage is searching for highly talented and creative individuals to build some of the best-looking environments and props in games today. Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong artistic ability, bringing with them a strong understanding of form, function, detail, the skill to interpret concept art, as well as have the technical skills to bring their work to life in Unreal Engine 4. Artists are required to be versatile and build ideally both organic and hard surface assets.
• Need to exhibit good color theory and technical expertise in architectural layout, lighting, scene composition, and environmental FX polish (bloom, color adjust, fog, etc. ...)
• Creative modeling that can take a rudimentary or unfinished concept and understand the goals of the design and model three-dimensional assets from it
• Designing and creating new assets that inspire is a must
• Creating solid, high fidelity textures of any given surface is required
• An expertise in architectural and organic modeling is paramount
• Creating shaders for environment assets, volumetrics, decals, ambient effects, etc.
• Complex, technical shader knowledge and background is a plus
• Use diagnostic tools to examine content and identify areas for improvement
• Know when and where to cut and how to most effectively optimize meshes and materials, without compromising visual quality
• Manage multiple complex tasks
• Asset export and implementation into UE4
• Test and verify your work on target hardware
• Links to portfolio (required)
• Resume (required)
• World class modeling skills, preferably in MAX or Maya
• Proficiency in three-dimensional layout, and spatial composition
• Practical expertise with Substance
• Solid communicator with an ability to work between disciplines
• Great texturing skills and experience with PBR & materials
• Ability to take 2D concept art to completion
• Ability to create functional, articulated mechanical models and rig them
• Ability to provide feedback to outsourcers
• Experience with stylized art & free to play games is a plus
• Ability to work well within a team
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Must be able to take critique and art direction
• Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and you think you’re a perfect fit, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located at our office in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.