Environment Level Artist
8 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented artist to join our Environment Art team in Warsaw to work on AAA games. As an Environment Level Artist you will be in charge of creating breathtaking worlds for upcoming projects that millions of players will dive into. Sounds interesting? Send us your cv and portfolio!
- Creating locations to provide the best player experience.
- Supporting attractive environment storytelling with interesting set dressing.
- Cooperating with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain artistic consistency and vision for the game while building stellar levels and scenes.
- Creating textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Cooperating with tech art team, setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality.
- Defining immersive lighting & environmental effects for your location.
- Cooperating effectively with Level Designers, Quest and Story Team in creating unforgettable locations.
- Building locations that meet the technical limitations set out by Tech Art team.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- At least 2 years of experience in the video game industry.
- Proficiency in leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, Blender etc.)
- Great sense of scale, proportions and composition.
- Knowledge of colour theory and basic lighting techniques.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Creativity, an excellent eye for details and on what makes locations interesting.
- Strong understanding of how environment design affects gameplay.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Passion for games!
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Basic knowledge about Level Design.
- Basic knowledge about photogrammetry in games.
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance package, Houdini, World Machine, Zbrush).
- Strong skill in creating high quality 3d models.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.