Environment Lead - Call of Duty - New Studio
19 days ago
Job Title:Environment Lead - Call of Duty - New Studio
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and dedicated development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As the Environment Lead, you will maintain high visual standards and overall tone as defined by Art Directors. The Lead Artist sets the example to the team with the highest quality content creation, a high proficiency of proprietary technology, tools, and deep understanding of production dependencies. This individual understands performance budgets, and possesses the ability to forecast production schedules. Can work cross departmentally with engineering, design, lighting and production counterparts. Understands PBR lighting basics, material authoring and set standard processes for building as well as bug fixing.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Art Directors to maintain style and tone consistent across all environments.
- Helps drive high level vision by providing aesthetic and technical direction to the team.
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of art content generated by their team.
- Prioritizes and assigns tasks and initiatives to their team to ensure best possible results, while aligning with Directors, Production and OS managers.
- Works closely with the design team counterparts to shape and mold early design block-outs into spaces that work both for gameplay, believability, and desired art direction.
- Work with the Tools, Engine, and Tech art counterparts to develop new workflows or improve upon existing tools and technologies to streamline team efficiency.
- Helps drive the planning and pre-production efforts of each assigned environment when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering positive and constructive performance feedback to your team on a regular basis.
- Audits content themselves through reviews and setting up reviews for Art Directors and collaborators.
- Supervise bug distribution and work with production and QA to verify bug fixes.
- Document processes for others to follow as needed.
- Expected to evaluate and help solve performance concerns.
- Proactively helps to troubleshoot and fix problem content.
- 10+ years of world building experience with an industry leading level editor. UE4, Unity, or proprietary editor.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title in the lead position.
- Strong ability to give and take direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to arbitrate effectively when conflicting issues arise within their team and across the Art Department.
- Ability to balance and prioritize visual direction against realistic goals.
- Strong foundational Art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to crafting environments.
- Strong narrative and environmental story telling skills with regards to set dressing and world building.
- Strong understanding of modular workflows as it relates to architectural assembly and asset creation.
- Sophisticated knowledge of physically based material workflows and shaders.
- Advanced skill in their discipline software. Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop and similar software.
- Photogrammetry experience a +
- Concept Skills a Plus +
- First Person Shooter experience a +
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.