Environment Concept Artist (Contract)
5 days ago
Senior Environment Concept Artist (Contract)
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver--based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Concept Artist for a 12 month contract, with a passion for world building and visual storytelling. As a Senior Concept Artist at Ripple Effect, you will report to the project Art Directors, and help them visualize their vision by creating inspiring concept art for our production artists.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing AAA games, a deep understanding of art principles and visual communication, and have a strong inquisitive and collaborative service mindset.
Your work will contribute to the development and shaping of a new and unannounced project. Opportunities at our studio are plentiful and we are hoping for a long-term partnership with you!
- Help the Art Directors establish and convey their vision by creating visually appealing and inspiring environment concepts that capture and communicate our production goals
- Seek feedback on your work and collaborate with neighboring teams and crafts to capture their unique needs
- Contribute to and promote a learning culture by sharing knowledge and experience within and outside of the team
- Help mentor and grow junior talent in the team
A portfolio of your work that showcases the following;
- Comprehensive knowledge of cinematography and the ability to capture the narrative context and drama of a scene using cinematic storytelling techniques and principles
- Ability to produce realistic and grounded environments through proficient and versatile use of 3D, photobashing and painterly techniques
- Artistic breadth and comfort creating everything from loose initial sketches to detailed final renders
- Strong creative problem solving abilities and potential to think outside the box and push ideas in new interesting directions
CONTRACT POSITION - 12 MONTHS COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location. The hourly pay ranges represent in good faith what applicants can expect to be paid for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs. HOURLY PAY RANGES • California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $46 - $80 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $46 - $74 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $49 - $75 • Jersey City, NJ: º $49 - $75 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $47 - $73 Candidates may also be eligible for applicable benefits.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.