Environment & Character Concept Artist (contract)
13 days ago
Double Fine is looking for a contract Concept Artist for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has experience creating high quality environmental & character production art for video games. We are looking for an unconventional artist that can easily work on unique stylized content that informs and reinforces the game’s narrative. It is important that the concept artist can creatively problem solve in a highly collaborative, innovative, and iterative development environment.
We place as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as we do on core skills and experience. All candidates must be willing to do a paid art test in advance of an interview.
Double Fine is an inclusive company. We believe that a diverse team leads to the best games and highly encourage folks from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Contribute strong, unique visual design ideas throughout pre-production.
- Create thumbnails, sketches, model sheets, orthos, technical drawings, and target art paintings under tight deadlines to be used by internal production artists.
- Design characters with a wide variety of body shapes and abilities.
- Create target art concepts that convey a strong sense of place, mood, and atmosphere.
- Exhibit professional communication skills, take direction, and receive/react positively to constructive feedback.
- Work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with multiple disciplines.
- Maintain a strong work ethic and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate accountability and self-motivation to work efficiently within the established workflow.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A serious passion for weird and unique stories and characters.
- Experience with creating animatics and/or storyboards for pre-viz and cinematics.
- Game development experience.
- Enthusiasm for gaming and the games industry.
- Strong storytelling skills.
- Ability to work onsite in San Francisco.