8 days ago
Environment Artist in NM Racing
At Naturalmotion, we make games that wow people! We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach large audiences and in creating communities that last.
Ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious, our artists are self-disciplined problem-solvers, who are respectful and straightforward with all their colleagues.
Our artists are able to operate at the highest levels in ourcraft with support from leadership and the wider team. Our teams work best when we are able to respectfully and tactfully offer and action processes and improvements that enhance the quality of the game visual experience.
Our environment artists assist in the creation of environments across NM Racing, specifically focusing on enhancing the gameplay experience. They own their own entire scenes from planning to completion.
As an Environment Artist you will work alongside the Lead Environment Artist and other artists to deliver best in class visuals on mobile and cross platform for NM Racing titles.
Key roles & responsibilities
- Author game assets and environment scenes to the highest standards suitable for a vast range of devices.
- Focus on the creation of mood boards, reference boards, block outs, whiteboxes, prototypes and ingame assets in an non destructive/ future proofed pipeline.
- Ensure all art and estimations are planned well, effective and clearly communicated to your lead.
- Help promote and support an Art culture and relevance across the team.
- Opportunities to partner with our Cinematic Artist in creating and implementing cinematic cut scenes as well as in game and replay camera authoring.
- Proven ability to clearly define requirements and work with all of our teams to make it happen
- Confidently able to plan and estimate time against their work and reflect industry standard estimations for asset creation.
- Requires light supervision on familiar tasks but will seek guidance on more complex or new/unfamiliar tasks.
Presentation and Communication
- Communicates clearly and professionally across disciplines within the team.
- Clearly explains and summarises key elements of assigned work.
- Can effectively provide a line manager with verbal or written (email or document) updates.
- Responsible for delivering outlined art requirements for the racing titles by the Environment Art Lead.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of assets using software such Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Unity.
- Communicate clearly and professionally across disciplines within the team.
- Open to constructive criticism and an active listener.
- Will effectively assist the lead on the planning and briefing of outsource companies as well as be able to guide deliver their content until final implementation.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.