This job might no longer be available.
Bellevue, WA, United States
9 days ago
As a 3D artist at Unity, you will work on productions to drive forward the development of cutting edge features and workflows making it easier for creators to design new worlds and characters. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building compelling gameplay that showcase the best way to use new features and pipelines so other Unity users can easily craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team and use the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong artistic sense, a keen eye for observation, expert proficiency in modeling packages, the ability to model all aspects of an assets from high poly sculpts to low-poly, UVed variants, and a passion for being accurate down to the smallest detail.
- Utilize traditional art training and knowledge of 3D art, design and computer graphics software to build efficient, high-quality 3D models using next generation techniques, such as procedural asset generation, photogrammetry, and physically-based rendering
- Translate 2D concepts into 3D reality including modeling, texturing, UV-mapping, proxy creation, map baking, etc.
- Pushing asset quality to the state-of-the-art expectations and max limits of what is technically possible on scalable platforms
- Work closely with your team to understand the creative direction as well as ensure the successful execution of the game’s visual design;
- Work closely w/ your group and technology groups at R&D to establish asset workflows and pipelines for the team and Unity asset creation
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all art aspects of the game’s production and development;
- Deliver work on time and according to schedule as prepared by the Art Director;
- Actively participate in the feedback loop including accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art team as required staying current on the scope of understanding of the project;
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details;
- Experience in the games or VFX industry with a few shipped titles and/or extensive professional experience as a 3D artist
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent modeling and texturing, incredible eye for photo-realism and detail
- World-class modeling and environment authoring skills in industry-standard DCCs
- Demonstrated ability to model, texture, and light 3D environments that scale from mobile to high end PC and console with high quality photorealistic art
- Ability to provide feedback to outsourcers
- Strong texturing and photogrammetry skills
- Provide actionable feedback on the tooling and workflows used to bring their artistic vision to life
- Portfolio demonstrates understanding of reasonable vertex counts, uv layouts, and texture resolutions for intended platform and content scalability
- Familiar with modern PBR material workflows using Substance Designer and Painter
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and ZBrush or Mudbox
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games on mobile and scalable platforms
- Ability to sketch out ideas in 2D before translating to 3D assets
- Ability to communicate detailed feedback about bottlenecks and issues in existing workflows and tools
- Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production;
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as a Technical Artist
- Working knowledge of the Unity or Unreal Engine
- Strong experience in procedural environment workflows or advanced environment modeling tools - expert knowledge of Houdini, World Machine, SpeedTree and similar environment-focused DCCs
- Concept experience, 3D with paint overs or traditional 2D
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C# or C++
- Ability to manage outsourcing when needed; ensuring outsourcers are adhering to technical & aesthetic requirements and guidelines that were set by you
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.