Osaka Osaka jp
9 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll work closely with the Level Designer to build a cohesive content relevant to the environmental story telling
- Level architect in charge of full maps creation on a multiplayer game in a realistic setting
- Participate in research, asset listing preparation and content organization, theme definition with the Lead Environment Artist
- You might have to edit/build some of those assets (props, architectural modules, buildings…) while making that sure they fit engine requirements and match quality expectations but your main focus will be as described below
- Use all those elements to build beautiful, lively and credible maps in close collaboration with a level designer to match both multiplayer and technical requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- College Diploma/Degree in graphic design, 3D, video game development or equivalent training
- 5 years’ games industry experience with industry 3D packages
- Experience working on published games
- Showing pro-activity and interacting with other colleges and departments to solve problems and improve workflow/pipelines
- Coaching/mentoring junior artists
- Great understanding of architecture and urbanism
- Self-motivated and agile
- Familiarity with game development cycle and engines
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art and composition skills, demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
- Real time game engines
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques
- 3DSMax and/or Maya
- PBR pipeline
- High & low poly modeling, baking
- Knowledge of Substance (designer and/or painter), familiarity with nodal based systems is a plus
- Shader creation knowledge is a plus
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.