11 days ago
Squanch Games has some crazy worlds, and those worlds need buildin’. We’re currently looking for environment artists to help make these worlds a reality. This person will need to be able to work closely with designers and the art department to make sure that the game will hit the artistic vision without compromising on the design.
At Squanch Games, we make stuff that people love; Games that we want to play ourselves. We make experiences that we would like to be totally immersed in and enjoy for hours at a time, as well as shorter, crazier experiences that would be great to play with a group of friends or possibly with stray homeless people that you invited in so you could feed and bathe them.
If you share in these values, come join us!
- Build detailed 3D environments in multiple different styles per project and art direction needs
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with designers and other artists
- Give and take critique from multiple departments and directors during the creation process
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools and pipeline processes
- Work with production to ensure that time estimates are accurate and met
- 3+ years of video game or similar industry experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating modeling skills in major 3D packages (3DSMax is preferred)
- Ability to create 3d assets to help populate a level
- Demonstrate ability to create textures and materials using Substance and Photoshop
- A good eye for detail, silhouettes and composition
- Ability to visualize and build levels with minimal concept art and direction
- Experience using the Unreal Engine is heavily encouraged
- Ability to modify and/or create existing materials using Unreal Engines Blueprints System
- Awareness of game engine budgets, memory limits and performance constraints
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues from a visual and technical perspective