17 days ago
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and more. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Are you looking for your next creative adventure within the games industry? SkyBox Labs has an exciting opportunity on an unannounced project, starting Summer 2022! We are looking for creative and experienced Environment Artist to develop high quality assets and world layouts to revamp and deliver new content on one of the world's most popular AAA RPG game franchises.
- Work with artists and designers to create an immersive and compelling world and environment
- Work with existing in-game and in-library assets and create new high quality 3D environment assets
- Collaborate with designers to improve world layouts
- Optimize assets to ensure performance goals are met
- Recommend new techniques, tools and workflows to improve quality and efficiency
- At least 2-4 years’ experience as a 3D artist creating high quality environment assets
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush
- Solid technical skills with knowledge of game engines and how to export assets
- Optimization experience
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the gaming industry, AA or AAA is an asset
- 3DS Max experience
- Concept art experience Passionate about games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.