9 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
The Environment Artist at Funcom will report directly to the Lead Environment Artist and is an integral part of the art team tasked with designing and implementing a wide range of in-game environment art assets for use inside our current game projects.
How you can have an impact on your position:
- Provide environments by taking existing assets and make quality scenes using Unreal Engine
- Be able to create appealing environments taking the best out of modular designs
- Have a good understanding of lighting and be able to provide fully lit scenes.
- Assist with content creation by modeling, texturing, and "set dressing" environments
- Work closely with art director and leads while being open to experimenting with different solutions
- Provide feedback to artists regarding performance and suggestions for optimization
- Support level design by providing modular blockouts
- Creating and building 3D environments using in-house tools
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for video games
- Solid knowledge of 3DS Max and Zbrush
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- 2+ years of Environment Art Design within the video game development industry
- Games industry experience with at least one game credit
- Experience with Unreal 4 game engine
- Experience managing a team is nice to have
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging, and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.