5 days ago
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Artist to help take the team that brought you Civilization VI to the next level. As an Environment Artist, you will be working closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Project Art Director to create high quality assets that match the look and feel of the game world. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of modeling and texturing both organic and hard surfaced assets, as well as an excellent working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below.
Create high quality textured hard surface and organic 3D art that adhere to the project’s vision while working with a team of environment artists in accomplishing the same.
Collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to create beautiful and believable worlds without sacrificing performance, readability and game play.
Help establish pipelines for creating real time 3D assets for gameplay levels.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using ZBrush, 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- At least two shipped products as an environment artist
- A solid understanding of form, color, and lighting
- Excellent organic and hard surfaced modeling skills with an exceptional understanding of form and silhouette
- Solid texturing and painting skills (an understanding of physically based materials is a plus)
- Outstanding problem solving abilities and capable of developing or optimizing new or existing pipelines
- Knowledge of Substance workflow a plus
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a great team-player
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- A passion for making games
- Must have current U.S. work authorization