16 days ago
Environment Artist – Hard Surfaces (Create-BATTLEFIELD)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft. Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Worlds team enriches players' experience with environments and a variety of hard-surface assets such as vehicles, props and weapons. We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Environment Artist to join an established team, in partnership with DICE, to work on the next BATTLEFIELD. The Environment Artist is a creative role where you will work with both internal and external teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences you will help create.
EA expects and needs our external partners to achieve the same quality as our internal team. It is your role of Hard Surfaces Artist to partner with Art Leads, the External Development Art Director, Production team Leads and Tech-Artists to help push quality, new ideas, and to help improve processes, and training for our external partners.
- Content reviews and feedback, ensuring content quality meets targets.
- Finalizing content to ensure quality requirements are met - on an "as-needed basis".
- Integration of external content into the game engine – on an "as-needed basis".
- Creation of hard surface briefs and packages.
- Participate in relevant art review meetings.
- When able - the ability to travel to partner studios or vendors on multi-week visits to kick off the engagement, train external artists, and to learn how to work with the game team.
- Working with multiple studio Art Directors and leads to understand the content vision, direction, and quality expectations.
- Intermediate artist with 3 or more years of 3D production experience, including in Hard Surface asset work (Character knowledge is also a benefit).
- You understand industry-standard 3D applications and general workflows Example: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter - High poly, Low poly, UV and texturing practices.
- You have knowledge of high-poly to low-poly surface baking.
- You understand WGLL (What Good Looks-Like) from a AAA perspective on the Art Direction and Design.
- You can manage expectations from multiple partners, or teammates from varied locations.
- You have a basic understanding of PBR materials and applications.
- You are interested to learn Create best practices - including providing feedback in Shotgun.
- You can set up briefs and organize packages for external partners.
- You can provide feedback for hard surface work, and some character-related work.
- You are familiar with working in a new engine with new tools, and can integrate content as needed.
- You have experience working in a full production from concept ideation through final modeling, and integration is a plus.
- You can work from home, or travel domestically and internationally, as travel restrictions and safety precautions allow.
- Above all, you are someone who is an optimist when working with others, as this will be a collaborative role.