7 days ago
The Environment Artist is responsible for working together with art leads and designers to develop environments and related assets. The ideal candidate will help drive the creation of visually stunning environments that both propel the “look” and artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfy all technical engine and design requirements.
This is a full-time position available to work remotely or based out of BSE's Irvine studio.
- Produce work based off benchmark Environments that meet the high visual and technical standards
- Craft and produce environments that are highly realistic and adhere to established quality standards
- Work closely with the project Senior Environment Artists and Leads to ensure the vision of the game is achieved
- Collaborate with the concept art and design teams to hit visual and functional goals
- Seek out and define environment iteration improvement and efficiency efforts
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ year of experience in the game industry, including one shipped titles creating game-ready Environment art
- Extensive experience working in 3D software packages including Maya or 3DS Max, ZBrush and Marvelous Designer
- Deep understanding of current generation Environment pipelines
- Familiarity working with environment workflows
- Strong surfacing, color, and Substance Painter skills
- Excellent attention to detail regarding shape, scale, and proportion
- Previous experience working with PBR workflows and texture/material authoring packages (Substance Designer/Painter, Photoshop, etc.)
- Exceptional concept interpretation skills
- Experience working with UE4 or equivalent game engines as a Senior or Lead Environment Artist
- Excellent time management skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on a team
- Robust modeling and texturing skills
- Comfortable sense of spatial relations and structural logic
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Strong artistic interpretative ability within the context of a particular art style and gameplay.
- Organization and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Proven technical and artistic problem-solver
- Knowledge of architecture principles or equivalent traditional art background
- Lighting or cinematography experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A real passion for games
- Any other game related art or design experience (FX, scripting, etc)