Environment Artist Temp
7 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Our Budapest studio is seeking an Environment Artist (Temporary) to join our development efforts on the next iteration of the award-winning NBA 2K franchise! Within this role, you will partner with artists and stakeholders to create beautiful yet performant environments and arenas through modeling, texturing, and set dressing.
NBA2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so while a list of qualifications is provided below, please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the art lead, art producer, and the environment team at large to create and populate environmental play spaces, pieces, and in-game cinematics
- Bring white-boxed spaces to life with visual storytelling, without detracting from gameplay
- Adhere to visual tenants of an established visual design, but push the boundaries of what is possible or expected
- Ensure assets are fully optimized and performant while minimizing impact on artistic integrity
- Proactively seek feedback to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and departments throughout the production process
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience as an Environment Artist within the video games industry
- Proficient in the creation of high-quality game-ready assets using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance Painter
- Experience working on console or PC games
- Experience working in-engine to achieve desired look
- Skill at balancing art quality and performance within the game engine
- An eye for attractive environments and texture creation
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural design, environment lighting, dense mesh modeling, and normal map creation
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.