Environment Artist (Sports)
15 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
As an Environment Artist you will work with both internal and external teams of the Worlds/Environments domain, to achieve diverse and engaging worlds and gameplay levels for our players. You will collaborate closely with Environment Direction and Stadium Leads, to help develop both the visual and gameplay experiences – according to the goals of each.
- Creating high-quality benchmark content, from individual assets to entire levels, sets, or stadiums/arenas.
- Set dress locations, conveying depth and storytelling in the way assets are composed – going beyond the immediate needs of game design.
- Deconstruct concept art, reference imagery, and style guides into efficient asset lists, considering opportunities for reuse and modular construction.
- Explore, recommend, and implement new techniques, tools, and workflows, that improve quality and efficiency.
- Maintain team best practices.
- 5 or more years of production experience with asset creation and overseeing entire levels.
- You have expert knowledge of Maya or similar 3D modeling software.
- Exceptional asset creation abilities (hard surface, architecture and/or organic assets).
- Experienced working methodically, from initial grey-block through to final assets, iterating with low-fidelity content to determine the optimal approach, before building final assets.
- A strong sense of proportion, scene composition, and lighting.
- Well versed in assessing scope, making recommendations, providing solid estimates, and delivering on time and to quality.
- Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g., Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and tech artists to evolve workflows, pipelines, and to problem-solve.
- High fidelity modeling skills, along with ability to paint photorealistic surfaces using industry-standard physically based 3D paint software (ideally Substance Painter).
- Experience with photogrammetry, ZBrush and Substance Designer is a plus.
- Experience working with outsource vendors is a plus.
- Examples of assets that were created/owned from start to finish.
- Sets, assets, and environments that demonstrate an understanding of composition, architectural construction, material properties, and organic wear and tear.
- Examples of high fidelity modelled assets, painted using 3D paint software, e.g., Substance Painter.