This job might no longer be available.
Environment Artist - Props [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (595)
26 days ago
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As a Props focused Environment Artist you are passionate about creating detailed assets including hard surface props, weapons and vehicles that enhance the storytelling and gameplay experience for our players You have an eye for scale, perspective and detail, and love to bring a story to life through the creation of key assets. Being passionate about your craft, you’ll thrive on conducting in-depth research, and receiving and giving constructive feedback through peer review sessions to continuously improve the quality and consistency of your work.
To you, it’s the opportunity to work as part of a team, celebrating one of the largest film franchises in history. You’re the kind of person who understands the importance of collaboration and clear communication. You enjoy seeing your contribution to the bigger picture and relish the opportunity to share your knowledge with your peers.
As our next Environment Artist, you will play an integral part in bringing to life the exciting world of Pandora, communicating the project's vision through tone and style inspired by the project’s narrative and design.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a passion for creating a variety of high quality props
- Good working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, Blender), along with experience of Substance Painter or Adobe Photoshop.
- Understanding of technical constrants within engines and the ability to optimise your assets as required
- A curious mind and the willingness to experiment, learn and develop new techniques and ideas.
- Knowledge of project management and workflow tools such as JIRA
Joining Ubisoft you will contribute to a fun and friendly team that values openness and inclusivity as one of our key pillars. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career whilst sharing our continued success as we expand our ever-growing catalogue of games.
With us, you’ll be part of a highly talented team aiming to create a whole new world for our players as we strive to successfully release the next big Ubisoft IP.
Your passion for learning and development will enable you to push boundaries and continue to grow and progress in your role, with limitless opportunities to reach your full potential.
To us, it’s more than just a job at Ubisoft. It’s a journey. It’s an experience. A way to bring players and communities together. A place to celebrate our differences. A place to grow.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support - should you need it
Positive mental health and wellbeing at work are priorities for us. We are a Gold Employer in the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, and partners of Safe in Our World. We run an inclusive Wellbeing Champions programme and provide a wide range of training and resources to support all of our people to proactively discuss and manage their own mental health, as well as support their team members.
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron Hooper, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.