This job might no longer be available.
Environment Artist - (Open to Remote)
15 days ago
Job Title:Environment Artist - (Open to Remote)
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As an Environment Artist , you will report directly to our Lead Environment Artist. We are looking for a dedicated Artist who enjoys handling a wide variety of work and is eager to learn new techniques and tools with a deep passion for creative storytelling through crafting environment art. You will have the flexibility to do so in distinctive styles ranging from photo-realistic to stylized.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build believable, photo-realistic 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference
- Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience
- Build, edit, and optimize highly detailed 3D environments
- Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues and ask for help when necessary
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process
- 3+ total years in the games industry as an Environment Artist or similar role
- Experience with a level editor (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
- Knowledge of physically based shaders
- Solid understanding of game art with the ability to clearly discuss modern trends
- Encourage feedback and opportunities for improvement
- Communicate effectively with team members, production, and management to ensure that project goals are met
- Budget time effectively and have a solid understanding of how long a task will take to complete
- Thrive in challenging and often ambiguous environment s
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skill s and is proactive and self-motivated
- Familiarity with photogrammetry process
- Strong traditional art foundation
- Passion for first - person shooter games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.