Environment Artist - New IP
5 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Right now, we are looking for an Environment Artist with an eye for detail and a passion for creating stunning realistic environments to join a new cross-platform, free-to-play, multiplayer, action RPG on an original IP. In this role, you will use your talents to collaborate with our art team in the creation of large-scale environments and game-ready assets. You will be focused on creating environments which tell the stories of the people and their motivations through their surroundings. Leveraging your skillset, you will strike a balance between gameplay readability and visual appeal with stylized, painterly environments. You will help drive quality and accountability of environments to meet the visual goals of the project.
- As an Environment Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director to define quality and construct 3D environments that deliver consistent, high-quality environmental assets and worlds
- You will work to develop a new realtime style which makes use of realism but implements the art technique of sophisticated illustration
- You will help drive quality and accountability of environments to meet the visual goals of the project
- You will lead the environment art pipeline, dependencies, and understand the overall scope of the project
- You will work with game design to prototype and build gameplay-centric worlds and levels
- You will build individual art assets, from foliage to city clutter, in a realism-stylized hybrid style with a painterly take
- 3+ experience as an Environment Artist in the gaming industry
- Demonstrate excellent foundational skills, including composition, design, structure, silhouette, sculpting, and color theory
- Strong knowledge of modern level creation best practices
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.