Environment Artist Intern
San Diego, California, United States
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Environment Artist Intern
San Diego, CA
As an Environment Artist Intern, you will be working on MLB The Show and working closely with the Environment team to build environments and props that are compelling and visually appealing in order to provide the user with the greatest experience possible.
- You will model and texture environments and/or related props as needed with an emphasis on realism while under the supervision of the Lead Environment Artist or assigned mentor
- You will trouble-shoot assets and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec
- You will be expected to collaborate with the environment team and other teams or individuals as needed
- You will research and contribute to the production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to you as needed
- Meaningful software proficiency: Zbrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop
- Possess the ability to work independently, take feedback, and work on a team
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire assets and detail with minimal concept art and direction
- Possess the ability to craft low resolution models and texture from a high res textured model
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace
- Outstanding team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, open to direction and changes.
- Willingness to listen to teammates and provide strategic direction
- Ability to meet deadlines and organize a work schedule to deliver expected material
- Possess a foundation in the traditional arts
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.