Environment Artist - EverQuest
San Diego, California, United States
5 days ago
Daybreak and Darkpaw Games are looking for a talented Environment Artist to help build the ever-growing world of EverQuest and bring more content to the fans. If you have a knack for architecture, a flair for interior design, and/or a passion for making high-fantasy worlds come alive then come help us continue the legacy of EverQuest!
- Use your traditional art skills and knowledge of game development to produce fantasy-based environments
- Model terrain and use proprietary tools
- Create high quality 3D Models of buildings, locations, and objects using 3dsMax
- Create exceptional artwork that is timely and organized
- Partner with designers to craft game in-game experiences that live up to the EverQuest name
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable talent in sketch rendering, 3D modeling, and texturing
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop and 3dsMax or Maya
- Ability to take direction and ask questions
- Good communication skills and collaborative
- Ability to produce art within game limitations (i.e. frame rate, vert count, texture budget)
- Understanding of video game development, workflows and pipelines
- Strong art background or experience
- Some previous games industry experience
- Art related college degree such as BA, BFA, Associates Degree, or specialized certification
Applications without a link to a portfolio will not be considered.
About Daybreak San Diego and Darkpaw Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401(k) vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, ultra-creative environment.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*