Environment Artist, Dungeon and Architecture
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
17 days ago
Job Title:Environment Artist, Dungeon and Architecture
A Dungeon Environment Artist creates the look of dungeons, raids, and architecture in the World of Warcraft. The ideal candidate is experienced in creating architecture (both interiors & exteriors). The Dungeon Artist should be able to create structures from concept to completion (including modeling, UV mapping, texturing, and lighting) and have a solid grasp of architecture fundamentals
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Construct 3D architectural models and light assets
- Create 2D hand-painted textures (with no photograph overlays)
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development modeling and texturing natural elements
- Experience lighting environments and architecture
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Able to collaborate closely with Visual Development/Concept Artists
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya and Photoshop
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Team Name:World of Warcraft