Environment Artist (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Environment Artist (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft is a large game with a lot of different cultures, zones, dungeons, and raids. Environment art on the team falls into 3 internal teams: environments (natural elements), props, and architecture (cities, dungeons, and raids).
Areas of strength to showcase for this role is either a focus with architecture, natural elements, or props.
All experience levels (from entry-level associate artists to more tenured senior-level artists) will be considered for this position.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create environment art (including concepting, modeling, texturing, and lighting) that falls into one of the 3 areas:
- Natural environment elements (foliage, ground textures, rocks, plants, skies, etc.)
- Props (smaller assets and points of interest for cultures)
- Architecture (buildings, cities, dungeons, raids, etc.)
- Ability to quickly prototype and create block-out assets
- Paint icons and other 2D assets for in-game
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- Some experience in game development creating environment art
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Experience lighting environments
- Experience animating objects or knowledge of VFX is a plus
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.