Environment Artist - Assets
6 days ago
- Creating high-quality environment assets and gadgets suitable technically and artistically to project universe
- Modeling and texturing high poly and low poly environment assets
- Cooperating with Tech Art on pipeline improvements
- Maintaining the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in a knowledge base
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in the games industry or a strong portfolio showcasing believable weapons
- Shipped-title experience
- Strong understanding of color theory
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- High quality modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills are required.
- Good understanding and application of normal mapping
- Being able to adapt a specific art style
- Ability to adapt with guidance to, and improve, new styles, techniques and workflows
- Experience in the usage of PBR, understanding the theory behind it and ability to use it in creation
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for Games
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated proficiency in 2D and 3D applications like Maya, 3D Max, Mudbox, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in Substance Painter is a must
- Fusion 360 experience
Nice to have
- Marvelous Designer and UE5 material knowledge
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Maverick is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Microsoft. The game development involves our European and North American teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.