Environment Artist #924
23 days ago
Contract Length: 12 months, extension possible
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA console title is looking for Environment Artists to join our team creating props, textures, and models with an eye toward modularity. We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to work in the Sci-Fi genre and a command of art foundations like silhouette, proportion, strong technical skills, as well as a solid understanding of modular asset workflow and trim based texture solutions.
Responsibilities may include asset creation ranging from hard surface to organic foliage, texture creation, outsource integration, and working directly with team members from all disciplines. The ideal candidate must be highly effective and positive in ambiguous situations, able to self-motivate to high performance, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
Please Note: All candidates must deliver a full resume with samples to be considered for this position.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians .
- 2-3 years of professional experience working with game environments
- Shipped at least one title previously
- Excellent World Building and scene composition skills
- Experience with large scale environment construction
- Experience with Autodesk Maya required.
- Artist must have knowledge of modern game asset development process.
- Artist should have strong time management and communication skills.
- The ability to quickly grasp new technical concepts required.
- Game Editor centric workflow experience a plus.
- Experience with Houdini/Houdini Engine
- Deep knowledge of Halo IP
- Background creating maps within Forge
- Experience with other UGC tools (Doom Snapmap, Far Cry Arcade, Mario Maker, etc)
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours
- Reimbursement offered if an upgrade is an option in your area
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits