Environment Art Manager
14 days ago
MELON is a metaverse and Web 3.0 studio powerhouse, setting the new standard for games, virtual experiences, concerts, and virtual goods through original properties and collaborations across the most significant partnerships in sports, music, fashion, Film/TV, youth products, and more. Clients and partners include the NFL, Chipotle, Mattel, SONY, WMG, etc. In addition, Melon is at the cutting edge of development on the Roblox platform.
Learn more about us: https://melonverse.com
What we're looking for...
MELON is seeking a stellar Environment Art Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that the World & Environment Design team produces and delivers products and experiences on time, on budget, and to the highest standards of quality.
The Environment Art Manager will supervise a team of at least two employees, guiding the team through an array of complicated Design and Art problems by utilizing his/her wide base of technical knowledge, creative vision, and good judgment.
As an expert communicator with a high level of expertise in world design, the position must work with the Head of Studio Creative to build processes and structures to raise the quality of world design, while also building a productive and working relationship with other disciplines across the Company. Requirements of the position also include maintaining brand consistency throughout all Company projects and delivering and inspiring innovative and high-quality work across all deliverables from the team.
The Environment Art Manager must remain aware of and respond to current world design trends and culture and stay current with industry development and tools. The position reports directly to the Head of Studio Creative.
Skills/Experience/Education needed to succeed in this role…
• Degree in a visual or experiential design discipline or equivalent professional experience.
• Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer.
• Supervisory experience
• Strong knowledge and understanding of gaming products and developments in the gaming
market and Roblox as a platform.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have experience directing complex solutions
for digital products.
• Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that
will ensure they are met or exceeded.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision,
concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, problem‐solving and time management skills.
• Ability to mentor and coach employees, especially in a remote working environment.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive
Working at MELON
At MELON, we believe that our progress directly results from diverse, inclusive cultures, so we don't just "tolerate" differences; we celebrate them and see them as essential to our staff, culture, and business. Thus, MELON is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We've been a remote-first company since inception, with a global team of passionate storytellers, designers, developers, and more. We believe in a strong work-life balance, fair compensation regardless of location, and strive constantly to create an environment that makes people excited to come to work.
Agencies: MELON is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and applicants.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.