This job might no longer be available.
English Adaptation Specialist
11 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and passionate English Adaptation Specialist to join our team and work on the titles in our franchises! The person in this position will be responsible for adapting Polish content into English in-game content. If attention to detail and ability to focus are your strengths and you enjoy working with the written word – join us!
- Adapting from source Polish into fully idiomatic, appropriately stylized, publishable English all types of in-game text: dialogues, in-game on-screen assets, out-of-game on-screen assets and related.
- Editing and polishing all types of texts as above with a view towards elevating the quality of our final product.
- Adding content to established stylization, terminology and pronunciation databases and guides.
- Reviewing English game content once complete, prior to release, for consistency, correctness, completeness and quality.
- Debugging English game content following own reviews or based on reported bugs.
- Native user of the English language.
- At least two years of Polish to English translation or English writing/copyediting/editorial experience (not necessarily in the gaming industry).
- A university degree (completed or imminently pending) or significant coursework in Slavic Languages and Literatures or Area Studies with emphasis on Poland/Polish considered a plus.
- A thorough understanding of Polish language and culture, the language in its many spoken and written varieties, slangs, jargons, argots, professional and specialized vocabulary, the culture in manifestations ranging from contemporary mass culture/media to past literature, film, history in general.
- Far-reaching familiarity with, and ease in using, English; ability to render in writing English as spoken in a range of EN dialects/vernaculars and styles (specialization in rendering in writing multiple UK/Irish or US dialects/vernaculars considered a plus).
- General inquisitiveness and broad interest in cultural phenomena and production, particularly in relevant genres (general historical/late medievalesque, cyberpunk, science fiction, general futurism and futurology).
- Ability to focus and attention to detail.
- Broad computer literacy (advanced Excel skills considered a plus).
Please attach a writing sample or samples, as well as a cover letter explaining why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for the position.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- Numerous social activities and gatherings.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.