Engineering Team Lead, Valuation
9 days ago
The Unity Monetization team builds advertising, other personalized content delivery solutions, and technologies used in hundreds of thousands of apps. Our Monetization platform processes TBs of data and delivers relevant content to hundreds of millions of users every day. Unity is investing heavily in deep learning techniques on multiple fronts. In Helsinki, we develop cutting edge machine learning-centric products that provide millions of predictions each and every second to optimize the effectiveness and profitability of user acquisition advertising campaigns.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume Monetization network. The backend services we develop are written in Golang and Node.JS, they store data in MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Bigtable - selected to fit the purpose. We run them in Google Cloud and own our infrastructure from CI/CD down to the incident management. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future and meet the customer requirements. The model of continuous deployment with tens of deployments to production per day enables us to move fast with small iterations and base most of our decisions on data.
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead to join our Valuation Team. You will be part of the team who is working on the core of our ad network - data pipeline and online inference related to our machine learning based automated decision making system. You will have a huge impact ensuring the team is enabled to create a high-quality product to solve hard technical problems to support our Monetization delivery systems.
- Support employees to solve problems by encouraging innovation, cross-team development, and personal growth
- Drive the execution of the team and ensure efficient team level project management
- Collaborate with product and other leads to develop the unit-wise product development strategy
- Provide transparent and efficient communication to stakeholders and organisation
- Assist the team in simplifying and clarifying information and initiate connections for the team
- Contributing to engineering work
- Experience in attracting top talent, growth and retention of the team members
- Understanding strengths and weaknesses of different programming languages, data storages and development principles, as well as being hands-on with at least one of the major cloud providers
- Experience in taking initiatives and making positive changes on how things are done
- Quality-driven mindset
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English
- Know how to manage risks associated with working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in game user acquisition and/or monetisation
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.